How to get a library card
- To register for a library card bring valid photo identification and proof of current address.
- If your identification does not show your current address, please bring some other proof of residence such as a piece of canceled mail, check stub, personal check, hunting or fishing license, or lease agreement.
- Parents must sign the registration form for patrons under age 16.
- Your library card can be used in any public library in Adams, Columbia, Dane, Green, Portage, Sauk, or Wood counties, all members of the South Central Library System.
- Materials may be returned to any library. Our delivery system will route them to their next destination.
Internet access and other public computing
- Limited workstations are available for public use for a 1 hour session.
- Library's Internet Use Policy
- All offer access to Microsoft Office in addition to the Internet and can be reserved in advance with your library card number and PIN.
- Printing is available from all workstations. The cost is $0.10 per side for black and white printing and $0.50 per side for color printing.
- We also have wireless Internet access and a web/mobile printing option available.
Materials available for loan
The Carnegie-Schadde Memorial Public Library purchases materials for loan and in-library use in a variety of formats. Also, there are ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines available though Wisconsin's Digital Library.
3D printing is available for patrons who have created a 3D object in a CAD (computer-aided design) program. More information on 3D printing at the library is included in our 3D Printer Procedure and Policy. Please contact the library and ask to speak to the Adult Service Librarian to schedule a printing appointment.
The Adult Services Librarian/Assistant Director will proctor exams for students participating in distance learning opportunities. To arrange to have an exam proctored, please review our Exam Proctoring Guidelines and call the Library at 356-6166 at least 7 days in advance of the exam date to schedule an appointment.
Madison College offers GED/HSED pre-test sessions at the Reedsburg Learning Center, 300 Alexander Avenue, Room 114. Call 524-7800 (press 1 for main office) to register for a pre-test session. Registration is limited and sessions last approximately 2 hours.
The library has 2 photocopiers available for public use. Black and white copies cost $.10 per side. Color copies cost $0.50 per side. Black and white copies made on 11"x 17" paper cost $0.30, or $0.70 for color copies.
Patrons may send and receive faxes. The charge is $1.00 per page (sent or received); $2.00 per page for international faxes.
Fax number: 608-355-2779
Homebound Book Delivery
The Library staff schedules regular deliveries to several assisted-living facilities and to other individuals who cannot come to the Library for medical reasons. Call 356-6166 and ask for Eleanor to find out more about this helpful service.