About the Friends of the Carnegie-Schadde Memorial Public Library of Baraboo
History of The Friends
The Friends of the Carnegie-Schadde Memorial Public Library of Baraboo was organized in 2005 for people interested in supporting the library. Our goals are volunteerism, fundraising and advocacy.
Who we are:
Friends are people who believe the public library is a valuable asset in the development of our community - our culture, our citizenry and our youth. The Friends:
- work together to strengthen and expand services at the library
- purchase materials, equipment and services not readily obtained through the library budget
- contribute to the cultural opportunities of the community, thus enriching lives and making the community a better place to live
What we do:
- Two Book Sales each year (May and December)
- Music with Friends Winter Concert Series
- Books for Newborns at St Clare Hospital
Provide funds for:
- extensive additions to the adult and children's book and DVD collections
- numerous technology improvements including replacement computers
- landscaping and flowers for library plaza
- prizes for adult and youth winter and summer reading programs
- special adult and youth programming
- special projects such as the StoryWalk at City View Park and contribution toward fireplace insert for the reading room
Benefits of being a Friend:
- ensuring that the library has a strong support group as it seeks adequate funding to maintain high quality programs and services
- joining other concerned citizens dedicated to promoting the value of books, libraries, reading and literacy
- confirming your belief in the survival of the public library as an essential part of a community
- opportunity to receive informational emails about upcoming events
- opportunity to volunteer your time for Friends sponsored activity
How to get involved:
Become a Friend! Print out the membership application form (PDF) and drop it off at the library or mail it in along with your membership dues to Friends of the Carnegie-Schadde Memorial Public Library of Baraboo, 230 Fourth Ave., Baraboo, WI 53913. If you are interested in volunteering, please check the box on the form and you will be contacted.
Questions about the Friends can be directed to the current board (September 2017-September 2019) at csmplfriends [at] gmail.com.
Agendas and minutes for meetings are located on the City of Baraboo website, www.cityofbaraboo.com.