Recorded Adult Programs
Check the Library YouTube channel for recordings of virtual Adult presentations.
Baraboo Seed Library
Check the Baraboo Seed Library page in the spring of 2022 to see a list of available seeds and access the seed request form. The Seed Library closed for the 2021 season on September 15, 2021. The Spring 2022 opening date is to be determined.
Baraboo Area Literacy Council
Need help with reading and writing? Need help with English? Free adult tutoring is available through our partners at the Baraboo Area Literacy Council. Visit their website for more information or stop by the library to apply. https://www.barabooliteracy.org/
Reading Recommendations and Book Reviews
Here are some online resources available through the BadgerLink project:
These resources can be used to find reading recommendations and book reviews:
- BookPage - we also receive copies every month for patrons. They are located on the book return in the Adult Services department. Quantities are limited.
- New York Times Best Sellers
- USA Today Book Reviews and Best Selling Lists
- Goodreads - Goodreads is the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations. Their mission is to help people find and share books they love
- Stop, You're Killing Me! - Stop, You’re Killing Me! is a resource for lovers of mystery, crime, thriller, spy, and suspense books. They list over 4,900 authors, with chronological lists of their books (over 56,000 titles), both series (5,500+) and non-series.
- Five Books -They ask experts to recommend the five best books in their subject and explain their selection in an interview. This site has an archive of over one thousand interviews, or five thousand book recommendations. A new interview is published every Monday and Thursday.
Here are some periodicals we subscribe to that are useful for finding new reading material:
- BookPage - Copies of this monthly publication are located on the book return in the Adult Services department. Quantities are limited.
- New York Times Book Review
- Library Journal